42 S Carrollton Ave, Baltimore MD

42 S Carrollton Ave, Baltimore MD
Currently known as Hollins Liquor is the building I've decided to research. I think what stood out to me the most was all of the ghost signage on the building. There are phrases like, "Use the Chris Lipps Premium Soap", "Knoblock's Coffee", "Save the *unknown*", and just the word "Knoblock's". So far I've figured out that Knoblock's was a grocery store and there are still some in existence today and that Chris Lipps Soap was a very large company in the 20th century. Although I have not been able to find the actual history of the building it is very interesting to discover what the signage means. My guess as of now is that at some point in the 1900s 42 S Carrolton Ave was a Knoblock's Grocery Store and that maybe they had some kind of partnership with the Chris Lipps Premium Soap Co. I really look forward to continuing the investigation of this building.

Comments

Popular Posts