Thank You Hollins Market

Inside of Hollins Market
Last Wednesday my class took a walking tour of the Hollins Market area of Baltimore City. Before the tour I was excited to explore an area I've never been before and even more excited to go into the city's oldest market. Hollins Market had a lot of interesting stores like the City of Gods, Black Cherry Puppet Theater, and New Day Gallery. But my favorite two places of the tour were the horse stables and the barber shop across from the market. I loved visiting both of these places because we got a chance to talk to people who have been in the area for a really long time. They told us about their personal experiences, how the market used to be, the history of some of the surrounding buildings, and about their community in general. It was really enriching to learn history from people because they were giving us information that you just can't find in books. The amount of openness and friendliness we experiences from the men we talked to was really eye opening. It showed me their pride in their community and their willingness to share that pride with others. Hollins Market is a great place to visit for history, sight seeing, and meeting super interesting people. So thank you Hollins Market for opening my eyes to things I would never have experienced if it weren't for you.







Comments

Popular Posts